The Campus carries out numerous environmental studies in various fields.
Wastewater treatment, odor management, landfill management, drinking water resource management, aquifer protection, soil characterization and decontamination studies, etc.
It has a set of equipment, allowing it to ensure the missions entrusted to it, for sampling and analysis:
of water (automatic sampler, pumps, ...), soil (augers, probes ...), odors (flow chamber, olfactometer, ...), air (physico-chemical lab - TD-GC-MS, HPLC, adsorption cartridges, pumps, polymer bags, meteorological station, ...)
It is also equipped with drones and has several software programs necessary for modeling (GIS and modeling of aquifers and atmospheric dispersion).
SOME STUDIES CARRIED OUT
- Reinforcement studies of communal drinking water distribution networks for the AIVE and the SPGE (Libramont, Manhay...) including geophysical prospecting and monitoring of drilling sites.
- Olfactometric study of the emissions of the AGRICOMPOST S.A. composting center in Jeneffe
- Constitution of files of modification of sector plan within the framework of extension projects of quarries and sandpits.
- Establishment of protection zones for water catchments and water intakes (AIVE, SPGE, SPW, Communes).
- Elaboration of technical files for environmental permits or single permits.
- Assistance to municipalities in the instruction of files subject to an Environmental Impact Assessment
ULiège - Arlon Campus Environment
Avenue de Longwy 185 - 6700 Arlon